Over the river and through the woods, to Grandmother’s house we go! And to your sister’s and brother’s and maybe another’s and stuffing and eggnog and pies, oh my…before you know it, the holiday becomes a time of over eating and over drinking. So what can we do to prepare? Keep these must-have remedies on hand and be prepared for unending feasting.
The best way to use these homeopathic remedies is to take one dose every 3-4 hours over the period of 1-2 days. When improved, stop.
1) When over eating has caused nausea that you wish would just produce vomiting to get it over with, then your remedy is Nux vomica 30.
2) Nux vomica is also a capitol choice for the proverbial hangover. It will end nausea and vomiting in relatively short order.
3) When relentless vomiting is the main symptom, try Ipecac 30.
4) When there is simple indigestion and over acidity, then Nat phos 6x can be taken every hour. Use in place of antacids.
5) For true food poisoning such that causes chills, stomach pains and anxiety then Arsenicum album 30 should be taken. This is best saved for when your turkey is tainted.
6) And one more tip for good measure! For indigestion, add a splash of vinegar to a glass of water and drink. It will bring soothing relief.
Try these tried and true homeopathic remedies this year and you might just find it easier to enjoy yourself – Happy Thanksgiving!